Tuesday, January 3, 2012

7th Annual Focus On Female Directors Film Festival

Happy New Year Everyone!

Let's ring in the New Year short film style! The Egyptian Theater is hosting a short film festival called the 7th Annual Focus On Female Directors this Thursday, Jan. 5th at 7:30pm.

This is the first year that I’ve found out about this event in advance, so I’m excited to attend. Many of this year's filmmakers are new to me, which I love, however, there is one contributor who’s work I celebrate as often as possible. Perhaps you've heard of Penelope Spheeris, Director of one the most celebrated films of our time. Ms. Spheeris will not only be showing her 1998 short film "No Use Walkin' When You Can Stroll", but she will also be hosting a post-screening discussion. (Awesome...)

Here are  trailers for some of the films I'm looking forward to:

I have a very soft spot in my heart for beautifully shot student films. 
"Tsyuako" - byt Mitsuyo Miyazaki 

The only thing I love more than Stop Motion Animation is food. I'm real excited for this one. 
"Zergüt" - by Natasha Subramanian and Alisa Lapidus 

Pretentious short films with semi-famous actors get me every time. I'm sorry.
"Animal Love" - by Mollie Jones

I'm sure there will be many more great things to see. I hope you can make it! 
Thursday, January 5th @ 7:30 PM
Egyptian Theater
6712 Hollywood Blvd.
Hollywood, CA 90028
Tickets Here!
P.S. In honor of the possibility of meeting Penelope Spheeris, I would like to share a very special moment with you. My BFF Dawn and I paid homage to the Queen of Schwing herself this Halloween. (I'm Garth)

See you on Thursday!
xx
LAF

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © LA Femmedia. Template created by Volverene from Templates Block
WP by WP Themes Master | Price of Silver